Clark Organization, 1976), 30-32
1) Today, you will find a major international “mail-order” fiance team, particularly in Russia therefore the Philippines. Strangely, that isn’t how historic post-acquisition brides worked, hence newest event does not rely upon brand new send, but instead the web.
4) A motorboat of Nyc, to South usa, and ultimately to Ca requisite half a year out of travel. Bringing a protected wagon towards the Oregon Walk also grabbed half a dozen months. The fresh Panama Railway traversed brand new Isthmus from Panama and considering good smaller, but nonetheless months-a lot of time, travel. Harvard University Library Unlock Collections System, “Ca Gold rush (1848-1858).”
7) Marcia A. Zug, To find a bride-to-be: An appealing Reputation for Send-Buy Suits (New york: New york University Push, 2016), 86.
9) Yuji Ichioka, “Amerika Nadeshiko: Japanese Immigrant Feamales in the usa, 1900-1924,” Pacific Historical Remark forty-two, zero. dos (1980): 342.
This works a lot more like title implies, in which guys in america pay substantial costs to get hold of feminine abroad whom they prefer situated off on the internet profiles
10) Clifford Meters. Drury, 9 Decades towards the Spokane Indians: The latest Log, 1838-1848, regarding Elkanah Walker (Glendale: This new Arthur H.
17) At some point ranging from his conference and his relationship, Elkanah’s appeal altered regarding Africa to the American West. Drury, 9 Decades towards the Spokane Indians, 42-43.
18) Chris Enss, Minds West: Real Reports off Mail-Order Brides with the Frontier (Guilford, CT: A couple Mark Courses, 2005), 7-8.
23) “A keen Epistolary Courtship: The original Appointment out of a few on the Special day.” Chicago Day-after-day Tribune (Chi town, IL), December 18, 1886, nine.
Ce contenu est strictement réservé aux élèves.